FIRE SAFETY AUDIT
A fire safety audit is a tool for assessing the fire safety standards of an organization or building. A comprehensive fire safety audit examines the inherent fire risks of daily operations and recommends measures to reduce potential fire risks.
Viram Solutions conducts fire safety audits for all types of buildings and industries, including hotels, hospitals, homes, schools, manufacturing plants, chemical plants, power plants, FMCG companies, foundries, mines, etc.
The occurrence of fire has the potential to cause serious damage to life and property. A fire safety audit is the most effective tool to assess the fire safety standards of your facility. It helps owners identify areas for improvement and develop action plans, in addition to preparing for emergencies and conducting test drills.
The main focus of these fire safety audits is:
· Identify and control ignition sources in areas where flammable chemicals are stored/processed/transferred.
· Evaluate chemical compatibility of storage areas and recommend appropriate measures to reduce fire damage.
· Check electrical hazards that may cause a fire.
· Evaluate fire detection measures taken and recommend appropriate improvements.
· Verify various active (fire hydrants, sprinklers, portable fire extinguishers) and passive fire protection measures requirements for storage and handling of chemicals and recommend improvements where needed.
· Verify fire alarm systems and emergency fire protection systems in plants
· Review contractor safety awareness (chemical spills, fire protection, emergency communications, knowledge of plant hazards, and safety regulations) and recommend appropriate improvements to improve contractor safety
· Evaluate staff safety awareness and safety training requirements (identification and effectiveness of training) to understand hazards present.
We conduct fire safety inspections for any type of building structures (factories, hospitals, schools/colleges, commercial buildings, residential areas, etc.) and we have qualified and experienced fire safety professionals. With an extensive network of professionals/inspectors, we can provide timely inspection services.
What is Included in Fire Safety Inspection?
· Conduct a 360-degree assessment of the building.
· Verify the adequacy of fire protection equipment and its maintenance.
· Verify that the building's construction complies with relevant fire safety regulations.
· Check fire incident preparedness (awareness, training, etc.).
Benefits of the Fire Safety Audit:
Fire Safety audits enable the organizations to address the issues by identifying the following:
· Identifying all significant fire hazards.
· Evaluation of the existing control measures.
· Determining the additional control measures required.
· Evaluation of the current fire detection and firefighting facilities.
· Testing of all fire safety equipment and precautions.
· Training and instruction to all occupants of premises about fire safety.
Methodology of conducting the Fire Safety Audits involves the following:
· A walkthrough the concerned premises.
· Review of the layout and drawings.
· Review of the existing firefighting systems in the premises.
· Review of the training and awareness regarding availability and operations of the firefighting systems in and across the organization.
· Recommendations for corrective and preventive actions include:
· Updation of the fire safety risk management data base
· Preparation of additional reports or relevant paperwork on the hazards detected